Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chirp Chirp

I just got back form my meeting with CHIRP people (CHicago Independent Radio Project). It was a fun time. As I waited for it to get started an old guy on the street asked me if I knew how to make wine. I told him no.

We met in Dank Haus, a historic German building on Western and Lawrence. There were a lot of people there. And we took a big tour of the place. It's going to be the home of the CHIRP internet radio station, so we saw where the station will be, and a ball room, and a bar, and another ball room, and another bar. It looks awesome. Then we went up on the roof/balcony and saw the beautiful view. You can see most of the city from downtown on up North. And Western travails under from horizon to horizon.

All in all it makes me glad I'm a part of it. And hope I will do more.

No comments: