Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm so glad they put this up

This American Life the TV show is up on Showtimes website. It's awesome they have it online, I was worred I wouldn't be able to see it.

I watched it and I would say I liked it. It was enjoyable. They did a pretty good job formating the video to feel like the radio show, and there was a lot of really nice cinematography. But it was lacking in something. When I saw Ira Glass live, he talked about the intimate feeling of radio. Listening to the radio show there is a connection with the stories, thats not completely there with this TV show. The characters were visable, which was the whole point of the TV, but it replaced the all important imagination the show should create.

Saying that, I still liked the Television verson of This American Life. I wouldn't rate it as high as the original, but thats expected. Definitely worth watching, and I will try to watch the rest of the season.

No comments: