Friday, December 01, 2006

Google Docs & Spreadsheets

I heard about an office-like application from Google, but this is the first time I have seen it. It looks pretty simple for the most part and it seems descent. There is no automatic spell checking with the right click like on most text editors, which is pretty damn important to me. Edit: the spell check is a bit weird to get used to but it's not bad. It would be kind of cool if I could write a blog and then post it directly to blogger, (Edit in Blogger: yeah it works pretty well. I wish it was faster, but most of that is my internet connection and Firefox. It was supposed to take the title of the document and make it the title of the post but I don't think it did. At least I had to edit it in. Also it has a feature where multiple people can edit one article. That would be cool for multiple authored blogs. Just ideas.) and if i can put HTML right into this and it would go right into blogger that would be great. (if this link goes to the Google homepage then it works. Edit: the link works well and lets you do a lot of different things.) It doesn't work in Safari witch sucks kind of because that's what I use. If someone can tell my why Firefox is so slow on my mac then I would use it but right now its Safari for me. There is an insert tab for images and stuff and a revisions tab and an edit HTML tab. All and all it looks pretty cool. A few things could be done better but not bad, Google.

No comments: