Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shooting War

I was looking through the current issue of Wired, when I ran into an article for this serious, online, comic book, Shooting War. I, being a wannabe comic book nerd and too poor to support my wannabe habbit, jumped all ove this. Honestly though, I thought it was going to be the normal overzealous, teenage boy's wet dream that most comic books resemble, and the fact that it was free and avaliable online didn't fare well for the quality. But, happily, I was proven wrong. Writer and creator Anthony Lapp and artist Dan Goldman, have made a spookly realistic look into the future. In the year 2011, the war in Iraq has erupted with no sign of ending, attacks on US soil are happening regularly, and humanity has all but destroyed its self. Jimmy Burns was a video-blogger, until he was swallowed up by a huge news network and spit out into the middle of Iraq as a war correspondent. What is his place, as a "Citizen Journalist," amongst the "real" Journalist? How will he survive Armageddon in this alien environment?

Awesome. I'm hooked and I can't wait for the latest chapter.

No comments: