Thursday, April 15, 2010

The First Amendment Project DVD (Review)


I couldn't find a website devoted to the DVD so here is the Amazon page.

I watched this documentary last night. It's 3 twenty minute documentaries about different groups effecting the First Amendment, one of my favorite Amendments.

The idea and execution is great. I just have a problem with the fact that all 3 documentaries are pretty Leftest. Which is a weird thing for me to say, because I agree with most of what they are saying. But my point is that the First Amendment is for everyone, not just Left leaning ideas. The Right has their own First Amendment pet projects, why not have a documentary about that? Instead this documentary ignores any other aspect and threatens the legitimacy of the First Amendment.

I'm rambling. But the First Amendment is for all people. And if we divide it on issues like this we are going to loose it. And that would be a shame.

No comments: