Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Some TV I watched the other day

I watched a few shows the other night, to relax before my busy day that is today. Two made me really excited.

Dexter Season premier:
This made me jump with joy. I think I'm starting to understand the people who get excited about shows I don't care about, like Gossip Girl perhaps. This show is essentially the soap opera about a serial killer. It's not really the story, it's the characters that attract me. (Which is essentially the argument for Gossip Girl I believe)

It started by recapping the last season which made me very happy. And they did a good job starting the story and ending on a huge plot point. So excited to start watching this again.

Sons of Anarchy series premier:
This show let me down so much. For the last few months a friend and I have been watching the Sopranos. It's going a little slow, just about done with the first season now. It is an amazing show. I love the characters and the story and the idea of good vs. evil (which doesn't exist) I also love that my friends and I talk about the characters like they are real people.

I wanted Sons of Anarchy to be the Sopranos on motorcycles. I'm sure the creators wanted this too, but they did not deliver at all. The characters seem to be very flat. Everyone is bad except for the main character who wants to get out of the life.

There doesn't seem to be much based on reality story-wise. People let things happen that probably wouldn't happen.

With S of A there is nothing new. The same with Dexter but in a good way.

No comments: